FULL TIME FACILITY AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER
St. Augustine School in Kitsilano is hiring a full-time daytime Facility and Maintenance Manager. Hours will be from 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
- custodial duties (cleaning, disinfecting, and enhanced sanitizing),
- performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks,
- checking control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to our Parish Education Committee Maintenance Coordinator and school principal for issues
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is an asset
Training to begin as early as Dec. 8 if possible. Position to begin officially January 4, 2021. Please, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.